Here’s what it looked like when we got through!
Painting was bad enough, what with all the rafters and shit. But the floor was a real motherfucker. Here’s the before:
Note the no less than four distinct layers of polyurethane… But we got all that shit off! And there’s no way we could’ve done it without Dad and especially Lynne. After two full days of ripping up and replacing floorboards, inadvertently melting (and vaporizing) the (partially lead-based) paint off with a heavy-duty drum sander, digging out several decades of bobby pins, nails, and other crud from between the cracks, and staining/polyurethaning the entirety, here’s what we got:
I think it turned out alright! (And, after a blood test to calm my freaked out panic moment, Sarah’s lead levels are far below the healthy limit!)